Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Pillar of cloud, pillar of fire

Pil: "Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Fog.
There are times when all we have before us is daunting. The magnitude of the events to come, that have come and the events that will come as a result of completing any of the aforementioned daunting tasks can be, in a word, overwhelming. I don't think this is something that only a few select few battle, I feel it is a struggle which we all encounter in our lives at one time or another. I've thought recently about several obstacles in my own life that loom far larger than I. One has been the struggle of my family, my marriage which have come as a result of physical affliction. It is trying. It is tiring. It is consuming. It feeds anger. It feeds frustration. It tries, by any means necessary to separate joy from your life. It makes more noise in a polluted audible environment to drown out the blessings in your life. It covers the glass we see dimly through with dirt and grime to further strain our eyes to see the beautiful gifts we have been given. The second is to a call not fully understood. I know that God is without a shadow of a doubt real, in charge and living. Sometimes I wonder if I understand less than the few things I give myself credit for knowing, if even partially. I have gone over the dreams which lead me to responding to what I lean on as my call to the priesthood. And they are still as real and relevant in my heart as the nights I had them years ago."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home