Monday, July 16, 2007

My contribution to writing

My contribution to the writers group that I'm in. I think I'll join the members in having my "writers profile" published next month... what do you think?

Writers Profile:
I'm quiet new to this group and havent as yet attended any of the readings or events, I have lived here in [city ommitted] all my life.I am just getting used to calling myself a writer, I havent used that title for very long, but I do like the sound of it. I am a writer amongst many other things. I also wear the hat of a mother, an entrepreneur, a personal assistant, a dancer,a loving partner, and a Reiki Master Healer.

I havent always been a writer. Through school I excelled as a numbers person, maths and computers saw me earn my Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. I then spent many years as a Software Engineer; I discovered that I particually enjoyed writing the specifications, requirements, analasysis and user manuals more than I did the acutal programming - which is very unusual for a programer! I found the passion for writing.

I wrote a monthly garden design column a local newspaper for a couple of years whilst I ran my own Landscape Design business. My passion for writing grew as I wrote the column and design specifications.

I embarked on a journey of enlightenment and self discovery and through that my journal became my best friend. I wrote daily, page after page of my life experiences, my pain, my joys and my personal growth. I found the power of writing.

Now I am writing a book, for many reasons; for my love of writing, for the power of writing, for myself, for my children, and for all women out there who I can inspire to love themselves enough to enjoy life and leave the pain behind - you don't have to live like that anymore.

- Linda Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home